Guest Post by Gina at Simply Life. We LOVE her site! :)
I love the fall. Vibrant red, orange and brown leaves. An abundance of fresh apples, butternut squash and flavorful pumpkins. A crispness in the air that leaves you cozy and relaxed under a blanket with a cup of warm apple cider. The perfect temperature to stay indoors and make this delicious homemade Curry Apple Carrot Soup!...I hope you're able to enjoy them on a crisp fall day...
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4-5 carrots, peeled chopped
- 1 large or 2 small apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, apple and curry powder. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
2. Add half of the broth and blend thoroughly. Transfer soup to a blender or using an immersion blender to blend soup until smooth.
3. Add mixture back into pot. Pour in remaining broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and enjoy!
~Thank You to Nurtured Path for allowing me to post on such a wonderful blog! Happy Fall!
Be sure to check out Gina's site at: www.simplylifeblog.com